In recent years, a steadily increasing number of customers have asked us about managed solutions for their forums. We would like to offer these customers a new alternative, in which we take care of all technical aspects of the operation, including but not limited to the underlying infrastructure and the regular maintenance of the software. Nevertheless, we’re committed to our customers that chose to run the software on their own and we will continue to support this, please also read our Please login to see this link..
The WoltLab Cloud
Introducing “WoltLab Cloud”, our comprehensive and highly optimized managed hosting solution for the WoltLab Suite. We take care of all technical aspects of the operation, including but not limited to regular maintenance tasks and updates of the software, as well as taking care of daily backups of your site. All WoltLab Suite Apps are already included, the preconfigured Elasticsearch integration offers an enterprise grade search experience for your users.
The WoltLab Cloud will be launched in the 1st quarter of 2020.
The Strengths of the WoltLab Cloud
We’ve put great emphasis on building a robust and reliable platform that is capable of a stable operation of your site. Optimizing the software and hardware components allow us to deliver an outstanding site experience, with fast response times even on high load.
An overview of the most important perks of the WoltLab Cloud:
- All WoltLab Suite Apps are included.
- Powered by Elasticsearch for fast and precise search results.
- Full technical support of the installation.
- Providing a turnkey installation and applying regular software updates.
- Daily backups of your site are fully encrypted and stored on a different server.
- Robust DDoS protection on the network layer provided by our partner Voxility.
- Install plugins and styles from the official WoltLab Plugin-Store.
- Optimized and powerful server infrastructure.
- 100% of your data is stored on enterprise grade SSDs.
- Custom built servers from Hewlett Packard Enterprise utilizing 2nd generation scalable Intel Xeon Gold processors.
- Audited tier 3+ data center located in Frankfurt am Main (Germany).
- Full SSL/TLS encryption with certificates issued by Let’s Encrypt.
- Bring your own domain without additional costs.
- The technical operation is fully compliant with the GDPR of the European Union.
- All data is stored within Germany at all times.
- Data is transferred over SSL/TLS encrypted connections only.
- Data Processing Agreement (DPA).
- Technical and organizational measures in compliance with article 32 of the EU GDPR.
We wanted to take a slightly different route than typical hosting plans: We’re offering the same major benefits across all plans, such as access to all WoltLab Suite Apps, enterprise grade search via Elasticsearch and a lighting fast website.
The standard plans primarily differentiate through the amount of available disk space and the number of page accesses handled by PHP. The storage space is calculated by the sum of the disk space consumed by the files and the database data, the daily backups are not counted towards your storage space consumption.
We reserve the right to make changes to the conditions presented below.
Basic Professional Business
Requests handled by PHP
All WoltLab Suite Apps
Robust DDoS Protection
Search via Elasticsearch
Migration / Data Import
Price per month
Prices including 19% VAT.
Demanding customers with special requirements can request custom plans that go well beyond our standard plans. Please get in touch with us to discuss your individual goals and requirements, and we’ll make it happen. This includes the ability to make use of custom plugins, after they have passed a mandatory audit to ensure the continued security and stability of the installation.
Facts about the WoltLab Cloud
1. Can I migrate an existing forum to the WoltLab Cloud?
Yes! We’re supporting a wide range of common forum solutions and can create custom importers for all kinds of different forum software. Please feel free to ask us about the available options and we’ll discuss the details with you.
2. Can I install plugins and styles?
Yes, you can easily install pretty much all plugins and styles, that are available in the WoltLab Plugin-Store, right in your admin panel. Paid plugins and styles need to be purchased and are not included in your plan. Custom styles can be installed through the style import, even those not available through the Plugin-Store. Installable packages from external sources cannot be installed for security and stability reasons.
3. What happens if I go over the plan limits?
Exceeding this limit has no immediate consequences, your page remains accessible for you and your visitors as usual. If you exceed the agreed resources for an extended period, we will contact you to work out a solution with you.
4. When can I cancel the plan and what happens with my data?
The offered standard plans can be cancelled on a monthly basis, we will provide you with a complete copy of your data for up to 2 months after cancellation. You can continue to use the software on your own using the appropriate licenses.